ClamAV offers a versions of ClamAV for Microsoft Windows compatible with both 32bit and 64bit versions of Windows 7 and newer.
We provide both two install packages for Windows:
Portable Install Package
- Zip file containing all you need to run ClamAV without running an installer.
- Traditional executable installer that will install ClamAV in the "Program Files" directory.
In addition to the above ClamAV versions that run on Windows, Cisco offers two more endpoint security products powered in-part by ClamAV. These are:
- Immunet is a malware and antivirus protection system that utilizes cloud computing to provide enhanced community-based security.
- Immunet is free for non-commercial use.
- Commercial users should consider Cisco AMP.
Cisco Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) for Endpoints
- AMP for Endpoints prevents threats at point of entry, then continuously tracks every file it lets onto your endpoints. AMP can uncover even the most advanced threats, including fileless malware and ransomware.
- AMP for Endpoints is subscription-based, managed through a web-based management console, and may be deployed on a variety of platforms to include Windows, macOS, and Linux operating systems.
- For details, please visit the [AMP for Endpoints] website.
ClamAV is available for Windows with the same scanning and detection capabilities available when using ClamAV on macOS and Linux, with exception to the On-Access Scanning feature (Linux).
Immunet is a real-time fully featured desktop AV solution. It contains cloud based detection technologies and the enterprise grade ClamAV detection engine. The product is produced and maintained by Cisco which owns both ClamAV and Immunet.
ClamWin is a free application that provides a graphical front-end for ClamAV, similar to ClamTk. ClamWin is maintained by ClamWin Pty Ltd., and has no association with ClamAV, Cisco, or the Immunet product. Additionally, ClamWin does not contain an on-access real-time scanner, and can only be used to manually scan files.
Immunet is not free for commercial use. Cisco Secure Endpoint (formerly AMP for Endpoints) is our product that replaced the commercial version. If you are interested in deploying this in a commercial environment, we highly suggest checking that out.
No. Users that want a lighter memory footprint and additional advanced detection features of an endpoint security suite should look to Immunet or Cisco Secure Endpoint.
Yes. In fact it is encouraged.
Please report Undetected Malware here.
Please report False Positives here.
Yes. You can find both versions at ClamAV/downloads.